Congratulations! You are considering making an investment in your home and your future and we are excited to be a part of it.
We want this process to be fun and enjoyable, but also smooth, professional and most of all, we want to ensure your upmost satisfaction.
Please take a moment to get familiar with our processes. This is a friendly informational guide to the countertop installation process.
Getting an Estimate
Narrow down your options to at least three colors. With so many beautiful options this step can sometimes be overwhelming. No worries. Our friendly sales team is here to help with that. We welcome you to our showroom to view our inventory. Bringing a sample of your cabinet, tile or other items that may affect your decision can help this process along. LIGHTING IS A KEY PLAYER!
* Edge Style - Options are available to view in a completed countertop within our showroom.
* Sink - We have several sink options on display in our showroom
* Sketch of your project - It can be a rough sketch of your countertop with dimensions.
* Backsplash - we have several options to view in our showroom
Selecting the Stone or Quarts Slab
Make an appointment to view slabs. Bring key items that may affect your decision. (Cabinet door, paint swatch, floor sample, tile, etc.). Actual slabs are tagged & put on hold for your project after payment is made prior to templating.
Scheduling for Template and Installation
Before we can schedule anything, we need to know the scoop! Every detail of your job matters to us. Everything matters!!! Your edge profile selection could dictate how your backsplash gets fabricated for just an example. All installations are scheduled after your template visit and material coices are in stock. We do offer expedited delivery as an upgraded option.
We need you there!! Please be on site at both the template and installation visits.
Cabinets receiving countertops must be permanently installed, set and level before a successful template can be created. Digital templates are always more successful if we are able to template bare cabinetry. If this is not possible, please be sure to remove all items off of the countertop before the template visit.
If your sink was purchased outside of Granite Works, we must have access to the physical sink at the time of the template visit. It is very helpful if the sink is in the same room we are templating.
* Apron front/farm sinks must be installed prior to the template, unless the manufacturer requires otherwise. * Any items requiring a cut out and a hole drilled must be on site at time of template, such as cook tops, down draft units, faucets, soap dispensers.
* Final determination of the seam placement is done by our fabrication team. Do you want get involved? Great!!! Take advantage of our Digital Layout option! * Appliances that will be next to a countertop should be on site, but not necessarily installed. At template, it easier to get a more precise measurement when an appliance is NOT installed. However, we would like it on site. At installation, not having the appliance installed minimizes the risk of damage to the appliance. See your sales representative with any further questions regarding having your appliance on site.
* Please secure any pets. We would feel terrible if they got loose. Pets can also be a tripping hazard and safety is top priority.
* Signed template dimensions will be placed on your slab by our fabrication team, who will determine best placement. Some granite has variations and movement. Get involved!! These granites may require you to attend a layout session at the fabrication shop or email confirmation. Appointments should take place the day after the template visit.
* All faucets & other accessories requiring a hole to be drilled will be done during your installation visit.
* Our installation crew will install your undermount sink and/or test fit your drop in sink. Faucets & other accessories and the re-connection of your plumbing must be completed by your contractor or plumber.
* We do not caulk the top of your backsplash. We recommend using paintable caulk.
Finishing the countertop area
* Faucets, cook tops, etc. must be installed by your contractor. Granite Works is not licensed to perform such work. We highly recommend you hire a plumber or an electrician.
ENJOY and Maintain your countertop
We look forward to your project!
Please take a moment to review the following Documents. Feel free to print them. These documents are simple and easy and are required to be signed prior to scheduling. Call us with any questions. We are here to assist.